- 1 How do you say common phrases in Vietnamese?
- 2 What does Siwallo mean in Vietnamese?
- 3 What do Vietnamese say before eating?
- 4 Can you be 100% Vietnamese?
- 5 How do you flirt in Vietnamese?
- 6 What did American soldiers call Vietnamese?
- 7 What does Didi Mao mean in Vietnamese?
- 8 Is Vietnamese food spicy?
- 9 Why is Vietnamese food so good?
- 10 Do Vietnamese eat rice with hands?
- 11 What is the most popular food in Vietnam?
- 12 How do you order coffee in Vietnamese?
How do you say common phrases in Vietnamese?
Basic Vietnamese phrases for greetings.
- How are you? = Ban Khoe Khong (Ban Kwe Khom)
- Thank you = Cam on (kahm uhn)
- Sorry = Xin Loi (Sin Loy)
- No Problem = Khong co gi (Khong koh zi)
- Goodbye = Tam Biet (Tarm Byeet)
- No, Thank You! = Khong!
- Can you speak English? = Ban noi tieng anh duoc khong? (
- How old are you? =
What does Siwallo mean in Vietnamese?
English to Vietnamese Meaning:: swallow Swallow: nuốt.
What do Vietnamese say before eating?
Vietnamese people do say “bon appetit” before each meal. But it’s not the famous French phrase as you know it. According to the old custom, before reaching for your bowl of rice and chopsticks, you must “invite” the older to enjoy the meal first. The younger invites the older first, and the oldest is invited first.
Can you be 100% Vietnamese?
There’s no such thing as 100% Vietnamese after one thousand years of Chinese occupation. Also, during the Vietnam War, many South Korean soldiers committed war rape. The thing is, you never know for sure unless you do a genetic test.
How do you flirt in Vietnamese?
Making use of Compliments and Flirty words
- “You are very beautiful/ handsome” – “Em/ Anh rất xinh gái/ đẹp trai”
- “I love your smile” – “Anh/em yêu nụ cười của em/anh”
- “I like you” – “Anh/ em thích em/anh”
- “Kiss me” – “Hôn anh/em đi”
What did American soldiers call Vietnamese?
American soldiers referred to the Viet Cong as Victor Charlie or V-C. “Victor” and “Charlie” are both letters in the NATO phonetic alphabet. “Charlie” referred to communist forces in general, both Viet Cong and North Vietnamese.
What does Didi Mao mean in Vietnamese?
“Didi mao” (pronounced “dee-dee mahew” (rhymes with cow) is US Military/Vietnamese slang for ” go away ” or “bug out” or “get out of here”.
Is Vietnamese food spicy?
In general, northern Vietnamese cuisine is not bold in any particular taste—sweet, salty, spicy, bitter, or sour. Most northern Vietnamese foods feature light and balanced flavors that result from subtle combinations of many different flavoring ingredients.
Why is Vietnamese food so good?
There’s a lot of work that goes into one dish, and overall Vietnamese food is always good because it’s balanced and covers all your macronutrients – you pretty much always get fresh vegetables (which you can’t go wrong with), carbs from rice/noodles, and protein from some sort of meats.
Do Vietnamese eat rice with hands?
Vietnamese Eating Etiquette For soup, they use soup spoons; for fried dishes and rice, they use chopsticks. Spring rolls and other similar dishes are considered as finger food (hand-fed). When not used, chopsticks should be placed on a bone plate or side dish. Pass the dishes with both hands.
What is the most popular food in Vietnam?
Pho is arguably the most popular food in Vietnam. It is served both at restaurants and in families, eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This famous dish is basically rice noodle soup but the broth is seasoned in a very unique way that appeals to almost everyone.
How do you order coffee in Vietnamese?
And whenever you’re in the mood for coffee in Vietnam, cut the crap, and order it the local way:
- Cà Phê Sua Da: coffee with sweetened condensed milk and ice (the most popular in Vietnam!)
- Cà Phê Sua Nong: coffee with sweetened condensed milk, served hot.
- Cà Phê Den Nong: drip black coffee (very strong)