- 1 How do you say yum in Vietnamese?
- 2 How do you say common phrases in Vietnamese?
- 3 Why is Vietnamese food so good?
- 4 What to say before eating?
- 5 How do you express something tasty?
- 6 What does Oi Troi Oi mean?
- 7 What is Yum Yum slang?
- 8 What does yum yum mean in English?
- 9 Can you be 100% Vietnamese?
- 10 How do you flirt in Vietnamese?
- 11 What do Vietnamese say before eating?
- 12 What is the most famous Vietnamese food?
- 13 Is it rude to leave food in Vietnam?
- 14 What do Vietnamese eat daily?
How do you say yum in Vietnamese?
In Vietnamese, dâm (pronouned ‘ yum ‘) means lustful, lascivious Hi Spider, it’s also pronounced a bit like “dắm”, which means “tart”. And it’s considered impolite. Or you can say ” yummy ” to avoid any bad situations.
How do you say common phrases in Vietnamese?
Basic Vietnamese phrases for greetings.
- How are you? = Ban Khoe Khong (Ban Kwe Khom)
- Thank you = Cam on (kahm uhn)
- Sorry = Xin Loi (Sin Loy)
- No Problem = Khong co gi (Khong koh zi)
- Goodbye = Tam Biet (Tarm Byeet)
- No, Thank You! = Khong!
- Can you speak English? = Ban noi tieng anh duoc khong? (
- How old are you? =
Why is Vietnamese food so good?
There’s a lot of work that goes into one dish, and overall Vietnamese food is always good because it’s balanced and covers all your macronutrients – you pretty much always get fresh vegetables (which you can’t go wrong with), carbs from rice/noodles, and protein from some sort of meats.
What to say before eating?
What to say before a meal
- Let’s dig in (or ‘dig in’)
- Enjoy your meal (or ‘enjoy’)
- Hope you enjoy what we’ve made for you.
- Bon appetit.
How do you express something tasty?
- Tastes great! Eating something delicious right now?
- Really good! Here’s something else you could say instead of delicious.
- Wow, [this food] is amazing!
- This [food] is too [flavor] for me/for my taste.
- It could use a little more/less…
What does Oi Troi Oi mean?
Oi gioi oi, or oi troi oi in southern Vietnam, is one of those catch-all expressions. It loosely translates as ” oh my God ” but means whatever the speaker wants it to at the time.
What is Yum Yum slang?
(ˈjʌmɪ ) slang. exclamation. 1. Also: yum-yum. an exclamation indicating pleasure or delight, as in anticipation of delicious food.
What does yum yum mean in English?
—used to express pleasurable satisfaction especially in the taste of food.
Can you be 100% Vietnamese?
There’s no such thing as 100% Vietnamese after one thousand years of Chinese occupation. Also, during the Vietnam War, many South Korean soldiers committed war rape. The thing is, you never know for sure unless you do a genetic test.
How do you flirt in Vietnamese?
Making use of Compliments and Flirty words
- “You are very beautiful/ handsome” – “Em/ Anh rất xinh gái/ đẹp trai”
- “I love your smile” – “Anh/em yêu nụ cười của em/anh”
- “I like you” – “Anh/ em thích em/anh”
- “Kiss me” – “Hôn anh/em đi”
What do Vietnamese say before eating?
Vietnamese people do say “bon appetit” before each meal. But it’s not the famous French phrase as you know it. According to the old custom, before reaching for your bowl of rice and chopsticks, you must “invite” the older to enjoy the meal first. The younger invites the older first, and the oldest is invited first.
What is the most famous Vietnamese food?
Pho might be Vietnam’s most famous dish but bun cha is the top choice when it comes to lunchtime in the capital.
Is it rude to leave food in Vietnam?
And it’s considered impolite if you leave the table when others have finished their meal. Show your respect by talking with them or helping to serve dessert if you have finished your meal. Vietnamese style of dining is similar to other Asian countries.
What do Vietnamese eat daily?
Meals emphasize rice, vegetables and fish, and cooking methods often involve steaming or stir-frying. Rice is the staple of the diet, consumed in some form in almost every meal. For Vietnamese adults, all three meals of the day may consist of steamed rice with side dishes of vegetables or fish or meat.