- 1 What food makes your pee smell?
- 2 Does Curry make your pee smell?
- 3 How do I get rid of smelly urine?
- 4 Why does eating fish make my urine smell?
- 5 Should I see a doctor if my urine smells?
- 6 Is it bad if your pee smells really strong?
- 7 What does diabetic urine smell like?
- 8 What vitamins make your pee smell?
- 9 Why does my boyfriend smell like fish?
- 10 What home remedy gets rid of urine smell?
- 11 Why do I smell down there even after I shower?
- 12 Can a man’s sperm make a woman smell fishy?
What food makes your pee smell?
Foul-Smelling Urine: Food
- Fish. In general, your urine contains the chemical compounds from food you’ve eaten.
- Onion. This vegetable has a certain compound, which carries the unpleasant onion-like smell through the body.
- Garlic. It is in the same family as onions, therefore acting in the same manner.
Does Curry make your pee smell?
Garlic—which also contains sulfur—and fenugreek, Brussels sprouts, curry, and high protein diets can also cause your urine to smell like fish or something rancid.
How do I get rid of smelly urine?
Take these steps to reduce the amount of odor your urine produces:
- Drink enough fluid.
- Get examined for possible infection.
- Change your diet.
- Drink cranberry juice.
- Take deodorizing tablets or Vitamin C.
Why does eating fish make my urine smell?
Diet and dehydration Your urine contains some of the chemical compounds found in food you’ve recently consumed. These compounds will carry some of the food’s scent into your urine. With that in mind, it’s unsurprising that eating fish can cause your urine to have a fishy smell.
Should I see a doctor if my urine smells?
Urine often has a slight ammonia smell, especially first thing in the morning or when a person is dehydrated. Smelly urine can also be a sign of an infection, however, so if the smell does not go away on its own, or if additional symptoms develop, see a doctor.
Is it bad if your pee smells really strong?
When you’re dehydrated and your pee gets very concentrated, it can smell strongly of ammonia. If you catch a whiff of something really strong before you flush, it might also be a sign of a UTI, diabetes, a bladder infection, or metabolic diseases.
What does diabetic urine smell like?
If you have diabetes, you may notice your pee smells sweet or fruity. This is because the body is trying to get rid of the excess blood sugar and is disposing of glucose through your urine. For people who haven’t been diagnosed with diabetes, this symptom can be one of the first signs they have the disease.
What vitamins make your pee smell?
Vitamin Overload Extra vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) can give it a strong odor. Too much vitamin B1 (thiamine) can make your pee smell like fish. B vitamins can also make your pee look a bright greenish-yellow.
Why does my boyfriend smell like fish?
Lasting changes to the smell of semen can be a sign of an underlying medical condition. For example, a strong foul or fishy smell can be a sign of infection or a sexually transmitted condition. See a doctor if these changes occur. Some things can change the smell of semen, such as when it mixes with urine.
What home remedy gets rid of urine smell?
Ways to Reduce Urine Odor
- Drink Enough Fluids. Many people are worried about drinking fluids because they fear it will increase their chances of leakage.
- Get an Exam. Get an examination to check for infection in your bladder or urinary tract.
- Switch it Up.
- Drink Cranberry Juice.
- Take Deodorizing Tablets.
Why do I smell down there even after I shower?
Some causes of vaginal odor may include: Bacterial vaginosis (BV) This infection is caused by an overgrowth of bacteria in the vagina. Symptoms may include a strong, fishy odor and a thin, gray discharge.
Can a man’s sperm make a woman smell fishy?
Semen is alkaline and often women find they notice a fishy smell after having sex. This is because the vagina wants to be slightly acidic, but if it’s knocked out of balance by the alkaline semen, and it can trigger BV.